Thursday, February 14, 2008

Hearts are aflutter everywhere.

On a more lighter note than my previous blog....today is Valentine's Day. I'm not sure how the rest of you feel about it, but I am fond of it because it's an additional reminder to me on how great I've got it being married to Joel. I almost think of it as just another day; because my husband tells me often how much he loves me and is thankful for me. He is one of the most romantic and thoughtful men I have ever known. So how can I expect even more out of him on this 1 holiday out of the year. Especially, since he's so amazing the other 364 days of the year. Of course, I don't give my husband a ridiculous list of things he can buy me. I just appreciate thoughtful gifts and quality time being spent with just the two of us. Since my love language is quality time...my ideal Valentine's Day would naturally include some good, quality Joeloise time. Which also probably means playing games with my beloved, because nothing says fun to me like playing games with the ones you love! :)

Oh, before I forget...Joel wrote me a lovely poem that I would like to share with all of you. He woke me up this morning to read it to me. It was a great way to start today. So here it goes:

Eloise,
You are the light that keeps my darkness at bay
You make all of my sad feelings go away
It's all I can bring myself to do
To keep from crying tears of joy when I think of you
You loved me when I stretched out my hand
In vulnerability to ask you that question grand
It's amazing to think that you chose me
A humble man now barely twenty three
I love you so deeply...with so much passion
And all I want to do it to take care of you
Your heart is in my hands, and I can only hope
That I myself am not a sorry bloke
Though I may be clumsy and oafish at times
I want you to know that I am your valentines.

HOW GREAT WAS THAT?!? Thank you Joel! I love you more than words can truly express!

It's okay if we don't have a lot of money right now to buy each other lavish gifts. I am quite content with this sincere and thoughtful poem that he took time out of his very busy schedule to write from his heart. And I will see him at the end of the day, to spend the little bit of time left that we have before we lay our heads down to sleep. Tomorrow night, we'll go out for dinner to "officially" celebrate V-day. And that's that. Nothing extremely extravagant, but I don't really need that because I've got my Joel. He's a wonderful husband who works so hard to provide for us. He's constantly working on our budget to see how soon we can pay off this debt and that debt. He works as a full time teacher (so 40+hrs. during the week) and then tutors after school at Sylvan Learning Center, on average 12 hrs. a week - some weeks less, but lately it's been more. He works so hard, so that I can focus on just being a student and to finally finish my degree, which means a lot to me! My husband helps me do the dishes from time to time & that in itself is good quality time when we do it together. My husband is my sweetness whom I'll cherish and thank the Lord for each and every day.

I pray all of you have someone like that in your life. It makes life worthwhile, to have a partner in whom you can confide, who serves you just like Christ served the church by dying on the cross. I'm not saying that my husband is Jesus. He's far from being perfect like God, but he's perfect for me and I couldn't ask for anything more. God is good all the time & has blessed me immensely with my beloved husband, Joel Benjamin Ghrist. Happy Valentines Day, my love!

No comments: