Friday, February 15, 2008

A Stroke of Irony

For the record, Joel & I are normally not this irresponsible. We've just been very busy. So with all of that to say...the car inspection to our CR-V was way overdue. I will leave out the date it expired due to the fact that it's ridiculously embarassing. Whenever we'd think about getting it inspected, it was always inconvenient or at night. Well, Joel called me today to see if I could go to our insurance company to take care of something. Of course, I went straight away to Farm Bureau. As I was driving, I remembered that I needed to get the car inspected. But I said to myself, "self, I'll do it after I go to the insurance company." Well, wouldn't you know it...as I was passing by TJC on 5th Street, I also passed by a cop car, in which I noticed the cop looking at my car. And I just knew...he saw the inspection sticker. But I kept on going and didn't see him coming after me, until I was at the Broadway & 5th St. light. Surprise, there were his lights flashing behind me, so I pulled over on a side street on Broadway. And the officer was extremely sweet and thankfully only gave me a warning. So I thanked him & assured him that I would get it inspected. And thus I did! I couldn't believe the irony of it all! That'll teach us a lesson, eh?

No comments: