Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Just a taste...


Here's a taste of what's to come of my first quilt! I LOVE this fabric, especially the fact that it came already cut into strips (in a "jelly roll") and squares ("charm packs"). The fabric pack is called "Recipe for Friendship" and I'm so excited about it! As of now, I plan on setting it up on our guest bed. I'm so thankful that I found this fabric already paired up and pre-cut.

When my friend, Sue Bugg, took me all over town looking for fabric, I was completely overwhelmed. It's so very important to find the right fabrics that will flow together on a quilt. Even though, I had initially intended on doing a brown and blue quilt for our master bedroom, I couldn't quite find what I was looking for. Instead, I stumbled upon this lovely fabric by Moda. I'll keep you posted with my progress. For now, click on the title of this post to see some better pictures of all of the fabric involved in this quilt.

As always,
Eloise

1 comment:

Lisa Johnson said...

Oh-h-h-h, here's how slow I am, it never occurred to me you had a blog. It looks fabulous!! I will now check on it (your apron is stunning) - but in response to your quilt comment on my blog. . .I have only done crazy quilting because I feared how precise regular quilts have to be. The on I am working on is a baby quilt with BIG squares of color and circle appliques. I have no idea how to finish it! We are living and learning together.